Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mountains...





I am fascinated with Everest and K2 for some reason. There's just something AMAZING about something that high and big...and the challenges that they present. These pics are phenomenal! The last one is a pic of a K2 Base Camp. Those yellow and orange things ARE TENTS! When I first saw the pic, I thought they were painted rocks on a road. I was like "why would they paint rocks like that?" and then I got the pic in perspective. CRAZY! How often do we get things (challenges especially) out of perspective and don't recognize how big or small they really are? At first I thought those yellow things were REALLY big rocks that posed a hazard....then I realized that they were REALLY small tents that even smaller people sleep in. Just blows me away that oftentimes our view of the world is SOOO small compared to what it really is. These pics remind me how big the world is and how small "my" world really is. Kinda makes all of my problems fade away.
Then I think about the people that have conquered these mountains. Makes me realize that people conquer things bigger than I will ever face EVERY DAY. Once again....kinda makes my problems fade away. How about you?

1 comment:

Mommy pfohl said...

What a great insight on this perspective! Actually, a great reminder we all need in our lives! -Mindy